Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Curiosity

Curiosity is a generally good trait for a student of poker to have. But it's a trait you need to indulge away from the table. Wondering What If away from the table, and thinking about it deeply, can help you garner a deeper understanding of the game. But too much wondering What Is while at the table can cause serious dents in your stack.

The best known example of a player who needs to learn to compartmentalize his curiousity is Danny Boy Negreanu. From one of his recent blog entries:
He raised me 4100 more all in. A bet that "looks" like it has to be the nuts or close to it. Bill knows I know that, and I was very curious to see this hand. It was played so strangely that I couldn't figure it out. Did he put me on a hand like JJ and think I was making a defensive bet? Did he think he could rob me if he moved in? I had no idea, so since the pot was laying me a price, I had no real choice but to call. Seems odd to say "no choice" but that's what it felt like since I had no clue what he had.



1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Every people have Curiosity to know the new things.By Curiosity they improve their knowledge.
===================================
peter
http://www.CelebPoker.com

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home