Tuesday, August 01, 2006

PLO hand

I was playing some short handed PLO the other day and this hand came up. It is quarter/quarter blinds. I think $25 max buyin. I was the table short stack.






Button mykkanen ($54.80 in chips)
Small blind aivovaurio ($96.85 in chips)
Big blind petehak ($18.40 in chips)
UTG Luonto ($19.10 in chips)
Mid Position gary1949 ($15.55 in chips)


I have JH,AH,JC,QH

UTG limps, I make it $1.25, both blinds call, limper folds.


3H,2S,7H

Flush draw and an overpair.

They check, I bet $4, they both call.

When they both call I'm pretty sure I'm beat.

aivovaurio checks, petehak checks, gary1949 bets $4, aivovaurio calls $4, petehak calls $4.

Turn brings Kd. Scratch my overpair. First player checks. Next one goes all in for $13. I only have $10 left. I figure I have 9 outs at least and might have 11 outs (if he didn't turn a set of kings). The pot is pretty big, I'm getting about 3-1 on my call. Not really enough. But, the first player calls behind me, probably bringing the price up enough.

I make the flush, with a 5h on the river.


RIVER [board cards 3H,2S,7H,KD,5H ]


SHOWDOWN
petehak (allin on the turn) shows [ 10C,2C,9H,8D ]
aivovaurio shows [ 5C,6H,6D,4S ]
aivovaurio wins $5.70, gary1949 wins $46.40.

The point of this is that my JJ was actually good on the turn.

Sometimes what you think is probably a bad call isn't so bad after all.

I still think my call on the turn was a marginal call at best. But, part of why I called was that his allin bet just made no sense to me.


Anybody have any insight on this hand? Or any obserations about what an idiot I am for having made that call?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

as a random piece of worthless and/or slightly amusing info aivovaurio's nick means braindamage in finish (aivo=brain, vaurio=damage)

matu

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home